Collection of Information
Strathcona Resources may collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the Sites, including non personal information about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Strathcona Resources also automatically receives and records information on our server logs, which information may include your computer’s IP address and “cookie” information. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. The only information a cookie can collect is information supplied by you. A cookie cannot read data off of your computer.
Use of Information
Strathcona Resources will use information supplied by you to fulfil your requests for information about our products and services, consider your application for support, or fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected.
We may also use information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze usage of the Sites, and to improve the Sites and better tailor them to meet the needs of the users. We may also use your contact information to contact you regarding administrative notices from time to time.
Disclosure of Information
Strathcona Resources may disclose your personal information as follows:
- to third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on behalf of Strathcona Resources,
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences,
- to legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations,
- to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims,
- as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected, or
- as otherwise permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Strathcona Resources will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
When appropriate, users of the Sites are given the opportunity to (i) opt-out of receiving communications from us, (ii) remove their personal information from our records, (iii) elect to no longer receive information from us, or (iv) withdraw from the “Apply for Support” process. If you wish to opt-out in the manner as listed above, please contact our privacy officer.